First. Disassembly of the steering gear
- Carefully clean the steering gear and its related parts, especially the oil pipes.
- Drain the steering system
1) Support the front axle.
2) Open the oil tank cover, unscrew the oil drain bolt of the steering gear or loosen the oil outlet of the steering gear, run the engine at idle speed for a short time (no more than 10 seconds), and turn the steering wheel repeatedly to the extreme positions at both ends to release the oil pump and oil. Residual oil in the tank.
3) Add 2~3 liters of clean hydraulic oil to the oil tank to flush the pipeline, and turn the steering wheel to the extreme position at both ends, so that the attachments in the oil pipeline are cleaned, and the oil is discharged from the oil outlet ( The engine can idle for a short time, not more than 10 seconds).
4) Tighten the oil drain bolt of the steering gear or connect the oil outlet of the steering gear.
5) Remove the filter element in the oil tank, clean it, and put it back.
Note: When draining the oil, the residual oil in the steering gear, oil pump, oil tank, oil pipe, and booster cylinder should be released, and make sure that the entire hydraulic system is completely clean and free of any impurities.
- Make sure that the steering axle wheels are in a straight state.
- Disassemble the steering oil pipe and close the oil pipe joint to prevent dirt from entering.
- Loosen the lock nut.
- Remove the drop arm with a special tool.
- For an adjustable steering column, turn the steering column all the way up. Use a suitable rope to pass through the gap of the cross fork of the steering shaft and hang the steering shaft.
- Loosen the connecting bolts between the steering shaft and the steering gear to separate them.
- Remove the steering gear fixing bolts and remove the steering gear.
- The old steering gear should be cleaned, not bumped, well packaged, and put into storage.
Second. Installation of the steering rack
When the steering gear is installed, it must be confirmed that the steering straight rod of the original car and the left and right limit bolts of the steering wheel have not moved and are in the original state. If the above status changes, please contact the service department.
- In order to prevent debris from entering the steering oil circuit and causing failure, do not remove the blockage of the oil inlet and outlet of the steering gear before connecting the oil pipe, and carefully clean the oil pipe joints.
- Install the steering jib on the steering gear. No oil or foreign matter is allowed on the splines of the jib and the output shaft of the steering gear. The scale line on the jib must be aligned with the scale line on the output shaft of the steering gear.
- Keep the vertical arm fixed, and tighten the fixing nut with the specified torque.
- Tighten the anti-loosening nut according to the specified torque and punch riveting (anti-loosening pit)